「Let’s Just Fly」Video Competition
Co-organizers: Our Memories, Metropolitan Production
Sponsor: Star Properties
Supporting Organization: Bang Bang Entertainment Limited (i-Cable Group)
The "Let’s Just Fly" Video Competition (hereinafter Competition) aims to encourage the public to create ideas freely, to think about the way forward, to show their dreams and ideals, and to pass on the spirit of dream catching through the creation of short films.
With the theme of "Let’s Just Fly", the public is encouraged to think about their life, dreams and ideals, and to support and promote the spirit of dream catching.
Public – Open to ALL HK Residents
Students – Open to ALL HK full-time students (including primary and secondary school students as well as tertiary institution students in Hong Kong)
23 May 2020 Briefing and Video Production Workshop
30 September 2020 Deadline of Submission
October 2020 Public Voting
October 2020 Prize Presentation Ceremony
*Free of charge; all activities will be conducted in Cantonese.
Briefing and Video Production Workshop
A briefing and video production workshop will be held to introduce the details of "Let's Just Fly" Video Competition and advertising directors and photographers will share their production experience. The details are as below:
Date: May 23, 2020 (Saturday) Time: 14: 30-17: 30
Venue: 11th Floor, TG Place, 10 Shing Yip Street, Kwun Tong Fees: Free (Limited places, first come first served)
Language: Cantonese Enquiries: (Tel: 5599 5101 / email: email@example.com)
* In response to the latest development of the coronavirus infection, the workshop may be held online. Please pay attention to the latest announcement on official website and Facebook.
- The total duration of the video should be no longer than 10 minutes (including opening title and closing credits).
- The video can be produced in Cantonese or English (with corresponding subtitles in traditional Chinese or English)
- The video style can be in acting, animation or computer-generated imagery.
- Entries should be submitted in MP4 format. Screen ratio should be 16:9 and resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixel or above.
- All entries are required to include a description not more than 150 words.
- All entries should include name of the video and the participant (all names of each participant should be listed for participation team).
- All entries should be original works filmed by the participant / participation team within the competition period. Any entries that have been publicised or submitted for other competitions will be disqualified.
- All entries should not infringe upon the rights (including intellectual property rights, rights of privacy or confidentiality) of any other parties.
Application and Submission Deadline
30 September 2020 (Wednesday)
For Champion, 1st Runner-up, 2nd Runner-up and Certificate of Merit, the entries will be judged according to the following criteria:
- Relevance to the Theme : 40%
- Creative and Originality: 30%
- Production Technique: 30%
Note: The judging panel will consist of well-known film directors and representatives of organisers.
For My Favourite Video Award:
Shortlisted entries will be uploaded onto the Competition Website for public voting. The entry with the highest number of votes in each category will be awarded the “My Favourite Video Award”.
Award and Prizes
|Champion||A trophy and cash worth HK$10,000||A trophy and cash worth HK$20,000|
|1st Runner-up||A trophy and cash worth HK$7,500||A trophy and cash worth HK$15,000|
|2nd Runner-up||A trophy and cash worth HK$5,000||A trophy and cash worth HK$10,000|
|Certificate of Merit (5 in each Group)||A trophy and cash worth HK$3,000||A trophy and cash worth HK$5,000|
|My Favourite Video Award||A trophy and cash worth HK$7,500||A trophy and cash worth HK$15,000|
Result will be announced on the Prize Presentation Ceremony in October 2020 (Date will be announced).
Rules & Regulations
- Each individual participant / participation team shall only enter one category.
- Each individual participant/ participation team shall only submit one piece of work and the same piece of work cannot be submitted more than once.
- Once submitted, an entry cannot be modified or replaced and will not be returned.
- An entry shall not contain materials that are obscene, violent, pornographic, defamatory, indecent, disparaging or any content that is controversial and inappropriate.
- An entry must be the original work of the entrant and does not infringe upon the rights (including intellectual property rights, rights of privacy or confidentiality) of any other parties. Otherwise, it would be disqualified for the Competition. Entrants are responsible for all legal liabilities. Shall an entry violate any laws; the Organiser will not be held legally responsible. The related entrant shall indemnify and keep the Organiser and its authorised users fully and effectively indemnified against any and all actions, damages, costs, claims, demands, expenses (including the fees and disbursements of lawyers, agents and expert witnesses) and any awards and costs which may be agreed to be paid in settlement of any proceedings and liabilities of any nature arising from or incurred by reason of.
- All entrants must guarantee that their entries submitted have neither been openly shown, publicised or broadcast in any other media platforms; nor have been involved in any commercial activities or submitted for other competitions.
- All entrants shall only use, amend or adapt music, images, video or film clips from a third party in their submitted work only after written consent has been given by the relevant third party. Such usage shall be acknowledged in their work in accordance with the relevant copyright laws. The Organiser shall not be responsible, whether directly or indirectly, for any liability arising whatsoever or howsoever from any violation of any copyright law. All entrants shall agree and undertake to accept and be responsible for all such liability arising therefrom. For details about the Copyright Ordinance of Hong Kong (Chapter 528 of the Laws of Hong Kong), please visit www.legislation.gov.hk. All entrants must have also obtained relevant permissions from the third party to allow the Government to use, copy, edit and broadcast the third party material. The Organiser reserves the right to request written proof of consents or permissions from any entrants if necessary.
- Entrants must acquire written consent from all personnel participated in the performance to upload the video to the dedicated website and social media platform, and to use the entries in any form of media for demonstration, publication, exhibition, promotion, or any commercial activities by the Organiser.
- Entrants should be responsible for the security and virus issues in relation to submitting and creating the videos. If virus is detected at the submitted video/file, the entry will be disqualified.
- The Organiser may ask for the original files for the winning videos. If the entrant fails/refuses to do so, the Organiser reserves the right to withhold the award.
- Participants/participants teams must fully understand and agree to assign to Organiser the copyright of their works without charge. Organiser has the right to use the video images, titles, synopses of the works and information of participants/ participation teams in any form of media for exhibition, publication, publicity or profit making purposes. Organiser also has the right to edit, translate, adapt, use, copy and distribute, in whole or in part, the works without the prior consent of the participant/ participation teams, or payment of fees.
- The shortlisted entries, together with the names of participation teams (if any) and the names of participants, the titles and synopses of the short videos, will be posted on the dedicated website for public viewing and voting.
- The decisions of the Assessment Panel on the Competition results shall be final. In case of any disputes, the Organiser’s decision is final.
- Entrants are to abide by the Organiser's decision on all matters relating to the Competition, which shall be final. This includes the right to interpret, amend, cancel or suspend the terms and conditions, prizes and other arrangements of the Competition without prior notice.
- All winners are required to provide his/her Hong Kong Identity Card, student identity card or any other valid documents for verification purpose.
- The right to receive a prize is non-assignable and non-transferable.
- By submitting an entry in the Competition, each entrant agrees to be bound by all the terms and conditions. The Organiser reserves the right to disqualify any entrants or retract any awards from an entrant who it believes has breached any of these terms and conditions. No appeals will be entertained.
- Entrants must be Hong Kong residents.
- The Terms and Conditions has been translated from Chinese. If there is any inconsistency or ambiguity between the English version and the Chinese version, the Chinese version shall prevall.
Collection of Personal Data
Purpose of Collection
The personal data provided will be used by the Organiser for processing the application and the purposes related to the Competition. The organizer may also publish the names, photos, Competition, and activities of the Competition on websites, newspapers, social media platforms, Facebook pages, and other media for promotional purposes. The provision of personal data is voluntary. If the entrants do not provide sufficient information, we may not be able to provide the requested service to the entrants.
Classes if Transferees
The personal data the entrants provide are mainly for use within the Organiser but they may also be disclosed to coorganisers, sponsors or relevant companies, including subsidiaries and associated companies, joint vendor and service providers, for the purposes mentioned in purpose of collection, if required. Apart from this, the data may only be disclosed to parties where you have given consent to such disclosure or where such disclosure is allowed under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance.
The Organiswer will disclose participant’s name, photo and event related information on websites, newspapers Facebook pages and other media for promotion purpose.
The Organiser will disclose personal data when required to do so by law, for example, in response to a court order or requests from law enforcement agencies or regulatory authorities.
Personal Data Retention
The personal data collected will be retained no later than 6 months after the competition no longer than necessary for the fulfillment of the above purpose.
Access and Correction of Personal Data
The entrants have the right of access and correction with respect to their personal data as provided for in Sections 18 and 22 and Principle 6 of Schedule 1 of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. Their right of access includes the right to obtain a copy of their personal data provided by them during the occasions as mentioned in Section of Purpose of Collection above. A fee may be imposed for complying with a data access request.
Enquiries concerning personal data provided, including the making of access and corrections, should be addressed to Metropolitan Production, 301, 3/F, The Galaxy, 313 Castle Peak Road, Kwai Chung, Hong Kong (Tel No: 3611 5908).